The Wiggs'

The Wiggs'
Vicky, Ashley, Twilight, Chocolate, Tweak and Pan. June 2011

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sam's new family

Sam's adoption staffing was today.
at about 10am his social worker emailed me snippits of the 2 other families profiles and we indicated our preference, and why.  Then at about 11, she emails me back inviting us to be still considered.  I think she was impressed with the corrections we're doing on the house. *she stopped by on Wednesday after Sam's bio grandparents  visit.* Either that or sense we were making formal complaints with supervisors,  they were trying to placate us. So we went down at 3:30 and talked with the team.

at 4:30 she called me to let me know they had chosen the family we had preferred.  It hurt that we were denied, but it was good that we did have a say, and was listened to.

He gets picked up at 9am on Sunday by his social worker to go to his new forever (hopefully) home.  I am going to give them a long letter with his likes, dislikes, etc and our contact information.  I hope to be able to keep in touch.  They sound very nice and like someone we would like to know.

Samwise, Sam I am,  my first son, regardless of how long you were with us.  We will miss you.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is awesome that you put aside your feelings and hurt to help Sam as best you could. I'm sure it was incredibly hard to watch him go and I hope that you can stay in touch and everything goes well with Penguin.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback makes me happy :)

test